????Considering the Realize Band surgery????

LadyA87
on 6/10/10 11:04 pm
 I am considering getting the Realize Band surgery. I am 22 years old and I have been battling my weight for years. I have tried pills, diets, and other things but with no real luck. I have been trying to do this on my own for some time but have come to the realization that I need help. My weight is constantly up and down do to my weight loss efforts. I am currently at 320lbs, this is the heaviest I have ever been. Though I do not have any major health problems (yet) I  fear that I soon will as diabetes, and hypertension run rampant in my family. I can feel the effects of my weight on my body....shortness of breath, chest pain, back pain are bothering me. I have been checked for diabetes, heart problems, hypertension and my cholesterol is amazing but I just know I am a ticking time bomb. Soooo saying all that I am seriously looking into it starting with my phone call to the doctors office tomorrow...wish me luck!!!!!
MaMa_M
on 6/10/10 11:52 pm - MI

Best of luck to you! My daugther is 18 and getting the Realize Band in July. I am so glad that you have decided to get your health under control before it goes to far out of control. Keep us posted on your progress!

MaMa M

LadyA87
on 6/11/10 4:33 am
 Thanks
BubblinBrwnSgrk
on 6/11/10 12:30 pm - Jacksonville , FL
Definetly give them a call.  It will be a good decision.  Best of Luck to you !!

Ms. K <~~~~~~ Just do the damn thing !! 

melslongjourney
on 6/15/10 6:42 am
Hey there... just want to tell you I too was over 300 at one point, 326 to be exact and this is the best thing I have ever done for me. I am now down 75 pounds and so happy I did this. Now with this said my advice to you is read everything you can about the surgery and ask lots of questions. Everyone here either on the lapband board or realize band boards are helpful.
Take care and feel free to ask me any questions.

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

LadyA87
on 6/16/10 9:55 am
 Thank you. I was disappointed my first day looking around for bariatric surgeons that take my insurance because I could not find any close to me but I looked around on here and checked into a suggestion by someone on here and I called, they do accept my insurance and  now I have submitted info and am waiting on a packet of info so I'm definitely moving forward with this thing!!!!! Thanks for all your support and if I have any questions I will definitely ask.
Most Active